Monday, January 15, 2007

But I'm with the Band!

One of our competitors has announced a Guitar Hero 2 contest. Having earned a battleaxe in both GH 1 + 2, I figured I had to give it a try. After checking out the website, a sinister sounding text tried to trick me into signing up for additionial information, but if you read the fine print:

By clicking below you acknowledge that any information you submit may be used for marketing purposes.

What?! How evil! I want to service society by rocking and you want to give my information out to people other than groupies! Being totally turned off by that, I went to my local you-know-where and asked about the compo there, expecting to get a blank look. The clerk however handed me this cool looking all access pass, and said that his store was one of the torunament locations and that he can only accept 10 Eddie Van Halens to compete. So I'm in! Nobody knows how the details pan out yet: What songs we're playing, if it's head to head or highest score based, or even what the prizes are, but it should be lots of fun. I'll let you know how things turn out.

In related news, Red Octane announced Guitar Hero: 80's version. I hope they don't include a manual, cause I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

No comments: