Thursday, March 29, 2007

Free stuff drives people nuts.......

So, with the other day being the first of Spring, Rita's gives out a free waterice. Why am I mentioning this? Because there's a Ritas two shops down from us in the same shopping center. This creates stress for several reasons.

First I can't find a place to park. Our center is small enough already, trying to get out when another car is coming in involves compicated hand signals and extensive communication. Now increase traffic by 40%. Ugh.

That traffic translates to a line around the center, which blocks our door. So you need to brush people out of the way just to get in or out of the store. "But wait, doesn't that mean more customers coming in to browse, and an increase of sales?" No, becuase it's mostly 9 year old kids with no money in the first place, and people with the "FREE" mindset aren't in the mood to spend.

Second, these people in line tend to stare at you through the store windows. I will never look at animals at a zoo in the same light, becuase I felt like I was in a human zoo. All the Fwicers (that's short for free water icers) are watching me watch TV in the store, bored during their 10 minute wait for flavored ice. I almost felt like dancing around and trying to entertain them, just to see what kind of reactions I'd get.

It still wound up being a slow night, so I rushed to close as fast as I could. With this much of a mass of humanity around, the chances were too great that someone would wander in three minutes before closing and want to dig through the discount movie pile. Needless to say, I didn't get a free waterice.

Oh, and lest the blog stray too far away from pure video gaming, God of War 2 rocks! I just beat Titan mode, which is quite the challenge. If you have a ps2 system, you must play through GOW 1+2. Good stuff.

No comments: